Sunday, November 6, 2011

Quest Striker AGM Part 11 Nose Cone Mask


There is a thin red band below the red nose cone tip.
This would be tough to mask so I took the easy way out using red electrical tape.

The tape was stuck on my window glass and cut with a straightedge. The red color match was very close.

On the rear, another thin black band goes above the black shoulder.
Again, I used black electrical tape.

In the Quest instructions, the suggested overall color is light gray.
I didn't have a can of gray paint. I never used gray paint on a rocket and couldn't justify buying another can of paint I'd never use again. So I went with the white, red and black decor.

3 comments:

  1. I have the opposite problem. I had to buy a few different shades of gray for a USS Enterprise project and now I'm stuck with them, so it looks like I'll be building a gray rockets in the future :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the electrical tape method with my Striker's black and red MC bands as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ray,
    Years back when I visited the Estes and Centuri factories I was surprised to see (in person) the same models I saw pictured in the catalogs. Those fancy trims were colored electrical tape and even glued on colored paper. And to think I was trying to mask and spray those stripes!

    ReplyDelete