Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mars Snooper Build Part 27 Decals


This is the Snooper decal as copied from JimZ's: http://www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/estes/k-20.pdf

In this form with the blue-ish background it won't be useable. If printed from this scan, the cut-out decals would have a light blue edge.
But there is plenty here to re-draw the decals.

It was loaded into Corel Draw and "traced."
I searched through too many fonts to find some that were close.
I had a good idea what to look for, I worked on a photo typesetter back in high School.
It's not an exact replica, who knows what original fonts came from what foundry in the 1960s. But it's close enough for me. No one will know the difference unless they saw it side by side against the original decal.

I won't be able to send out PDFs on this one. These are images owned by Estes. But, you can order decals from Excelsior or Tango Papa for your Snooper build.

No comments:

Post a Comment