Friday, December 2, 2011

Pitsco School Rocket from Ebay Update Part 3

Fred Schector on TRF bought 400 of the Pitsco School Rockets from a San Diego school equipment liquidator. He let his feelings be known about these kits.

When I bought ten of these on Ebay, I assumed the main body was a BT-50 tube. I'd only opened one bag to check out the parts and hadn't glued one together yet. As it turns out, the Pitsco rocket body tube is just slightly larger diameter than a BT-50.
In the picture, the brown Pitsco body tube slides right over the white Estes size BT-50 tube.

I had wrote about the sloppy fit of the centering rings inside the main body tube. It's not apparent in the picture, but the dry fitted mount slides right through and out the other end when the tube is turned upright.

Still, for the price I paid for these, I should be able to salvage some parts and parachutes.
I hope Mr. Shector will put the 400 A8-3 engines included in his bulk purchase to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment