Tuesday, December 4, 2012

FlisKits Triple Threat Build Part 1 Parts

Thanks go out to Ross Mozier, a member and flyer in the local R.O.C.K. section. Ross gave me this kit and 12 MicroMaxx engines! I told him I'd put everything to good use.
Ross also gave out kits to kids and spectators at the recent R.O.C.K. launch.

Ross mentioned that all the parts might not be there, he'll take parts from various kits when he scratch builds. I let him know I had plenty of spare parts, I should be able to put it together.

Originally, the Triple Threat kit had three saucers in one kit bag. These are made for 13mm engines. The A10-0t is the only recommended engine.

This kit was discontinued a few years ago, maybe because Estes didn't make the A10-0t for a while. These instructions were dated 2002, it was production kit #56. The face card says" "Altitudes of only 50 - 75 feet!" Hoo-Boy!

I had the printed body pieces for two of the three saucers, the most important for the build.
I bought .025" diameter music wire for the antennas.
A length of 1 3/4" BT-5 was cut.
Two 1" launch lugs were pulled from the spare parts box.

No comments:

Post a Comment