Thursday, December 13, 2012

New Sanding Block and How I Sand

If you ever saw me at a launch, you'd notice the right pant leg is a lighter blue than the left leg.

To keep the sandpaper from loading up (especially when sanding off primer with 400 grit) -
I sand once over the fin surface.
I'll then brush the block on my pant leg brushing off most of the the primer dust.

This extends the life of the sandpaper preventing it from loading up with dried primer dust.

In the picture I'm using the new permanent, tungsten carbide sanding block from Midwest products.

So far, I'm impressed.
The fine grit block performs like 400 grit sandpaper.
If it loads up (Takes quite a while) lightly wet the enclosed wire brush and clean off all the crud.
This block should save me a LOT of money in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment