Saturday, February 29, 2020

Estes Low Boom SST #7289 Build, Part 6, Jet Engines Assembly

The curved side supports are glued on both sides of the center strut.
After the supports were in the correct position, tweezers held them tight on the sides as the glue set up.



Here's my first CWF pass to fill the tab slot recesses. The picture shows  the side after sanding. I'll have to go back for a second pass of filler and sanding.





I scanned the card stock pieces just in case I had problems. This is a print of the scan. Notice the 1" span reference lines to check the home print.
The middle piece of the verticals is a bit taller than the side pieces. The printed center line is the high point of the card stock top and bottom covers.

DON'T DO THIS - I tried a light crease down the printed line with a butter knife and straightedge. I found out this wasn't needed. See the next post for a better solution.

On the right - I cut the piece a bit large, just outside the printed lines. It will be trimmed after gluing later. Right now, just do dry fits using no glue.
The inset picture shows the soft fold over the higher center piece. The right and left sides of the card stock curve down a little to glue to the top and bottom edges of the side pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment