Saturday, February 1, 2020

Quest Future Launch Vehicle #3013 Build, Part 6, Nozzle Shroud Fix




I scanned the wrap sheets and did a tracing of the nozzle shrouds.

These (and plenty extras) were copied and printed on 110 lb. card stock.



I did my typical forming with a dowel in the heel of my left hand.

The right side picture show how little glue is used to adhere the shroud tab.


Two dowels were used to support and press the shroud edge into the glue tab.

For the extra needed strength, I'm doing "nested shrouds". two shrouds are glued and stacked.




The third layer is the scanned print, another layer of 110 lb. card stock. Notice the layered "steps" on the inside.

The shrouds were stuck down on some masking tape with the sticky side up. Card stock home prints do need a coat of clear acrylic or the printer ink can run if landing on dewy grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment