Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Quest/Enerjet Big Dog, #Q5010, Build Part 3, White Paint



After the first coat dried - 
Enlarge the picture and you can see some balsa grain still visible.

Once in a great while, my two-step grain fill process still leaves some grain. 



Here I've rubbed a very thin coat of CWF into the leftover grain pores with a fingertip.
Make this final fill just enough to make for easy sanding. Exposed  CWF can dull a gloss finish.
Shown earlier - I apply masking tape around the inside edges of the 50mm tube. Then roll and stuff a paper towel to keep the engine mount unpainted and clean.

In the upper end of the 2" diameter tube I rolled up some corrugated cardboard to make a spraying handle.

After sanding,
I lightly brush off any dust using a cheap chip brush.

Some prefer using tack cloths, but I have had some leave some sticky residue on the surface. The brush seems to clean just as well.

This is an easy paint job - The body is white, the nose cone is red.
More on the red paint coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment