Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Estes Klingon Battle Cruiser, #1274, Picking Up Where I Left Off!

In December 2015, I attempted to build the Estes Klingon Battle Cruiser. Note I said "attempted".
If you have ever tackled this kit, you know how frustrating it is. Too many ill-fitting vacu-form parts that require open seam filling. Too many balsa pieces that had to be filled before gluing onto the model.

I rarely give up on a build - this one qualified for a long rest.
I'm back in the saddle, so to speak. I'll be finishing up two of the kits.

To read the previous build steps 1-14: CLICK HERE
To see the catalog page: CLICK HERE
To follow along with the online instructions: CLICK HERE

To refresh your memory, here's the parts with vacu-form sheets and die-crushed balsa -


I have to wonder how many of these kits ended up unfinished in a dark corner of a teens closet.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. As much as vac form and I don't get along, good luck, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading this build earlier this winter. I had the same thing happen to me with the original Estes Space Shuttle in 1979. I still haven't got it finished but I am sort of working on it again. That vacuform stuff is pretty daunting.

    ReplyDelete