Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Wolverine Phoenix AIM-54A, Fix!, Part 5, Gluing Together The Tubes


My older Bob's Epoxy was dried up. I rarely use epoxy on LPR builds.
I did want epoxy for this one. I would hate to have the upper tube freeze up in the wrong position. The upper rectangle details have to line up with the four fins.

Epoxy allows you some working time. It is slippery and will drip! Don't use too much where drips can form. Wear gloves when using Epoxy. Some people have allergies and it can really tear up your skin.

Notice the drawn A ---------A pencil line. After I lined up the upper rectangle plates with the fins, the pencil line was drawn for alignment.

Epoxy was mixed up and spread around the inside of the lower tube. The upper tube was slid into place and turned until the pencil marks lined up.




I also spread a thin coat of epoxy around the inside end of the body tube. The epoxy was spread with a stick off a Q-tip, trying to keep it as even a coat as possible.

A review on rocketreviews.com said there can be some motor charring. The epoxy should protect the back end a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment