Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Wolverine Phoenix AIM-54A, Fix!, Part 4, Peeling & Squaring Up

This is the 4" extension glued 2" over the coupler.
If I cut through just the tube I can still use the original coupler.

On the left, the outside layer of the tube is carefully peeled off.

On the right, the coupler is starting to show. I was surprised how most of the coupler didn't have much glue. On the original build - after sliding the tube segments together, the glue was pushed towards the bottom.




The coupler was 4" long, 2" extend out the bottom.

Little bits of glue still remain towards the low end. This was sanded clean with 220 grit on a block.








The lower cut above the fins was sanded flat using a block.

This low end can be squared up - the upper part can't with the coupler in place. I tried to get as straight a cut as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment