Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Mini Brute to Mega Brute Decal Draw


Recently I won a Mega Mosquito on Ebay.
Here's how I remember the original Estes kits - the first three Mini Brute rockets had the Mini Brute "Bug" Decal.
The new Mega kit has a large, realistic mosquito silhouette decal.
The Mega Mosquito name looks like it was made on an Avery label maker.
I'm not a big fan of that font, also used on the Cosmic Explorer.
I thought it'd be interesting to update the old Mini Brute Bug for the Mega Mosquito.





The online decal scans are pretty rough. When enlarged it's even worse!
I started with this bug and dropped it into Corel Draw.




Here's the Mini Brute redraw.
I added a little more space between the letters so it would be easier to read.
Those "I"s are pretty thick.
And for the Mega Mosquito - 
A MEGA BRUTE decal!
On this one, the "E" in Brute is better formed.
The letters expand and shrink to follow the outside curve of the bug body.

Patreon members: If you would like the decal art in PDF form to print your own decals, email me at:
oddlrockets@bellsouth.net
Request the Mosquito Bug decals PDF
Both Mini and Mega bugs are included and sized for both models!

1 comment: