Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Ongoing Wadding Test

Here's the Quest parade pomp wadding still taped to my patio chair.
The test was started on April 24 HERE with two pieces of wadding taped to my outdoor patio chair. This picture was taken on May 30, 2014.

The two pieces of light blue wadding continue to get lighter, bleached by the direct sunlight exposure.
The square on the left show two very small tears, one below the clear tape holding it on the arm of the chair.

After the May 30 morning launch I picked up all the wadding at the soccer field site.
Four out of the five models launched used purple Quest wadding. Each model only needed three squares each.
Only the lowest piece of wadding (closest to the engine) was charred.
The other pieces looked like new and could be used again.

I opened up the un-burnt crumpled pieces.
I found a place to leave them where they shouldn't be found or disturbed. Four squares were loosely set in the bushes against a brick wall.

The wadding will be exposed to rain, heat, humidity and sunlight.
I'll check these when I return around the first of August to see if they have broken down.
They'll probably be picked up by birds and end up in a nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment