Tuesday, March 17, 2015

808 Camera Directions, Part 1

The instructions that came with my 808 Micro Camera were written in China by somebody who didn't have a grasp of English.
"Thank you for choosing our company designed and developed series of security products, hope it can help your life safe and happiness."
The directions are even harder to follow.

I'll run you through the steps in a way that might be easier to understand.

Here's how most of the 808 key chain cameras look.
My Micro SD card slot is where the reset button is.

You will only be concerned with the two buttons at the top - the ON/OFF and REC buttons.
The buttons toward the rear are just cosmetic, they don't do anything.




The 808 camera uses Micro SD cards. The Micro cards are very small and easy to lose. Keep them in the 808 camera or in the adapter between flights.
I use the smaller and cheaper 4 and 8 GB cards. These smaller 4 and 8 GB cards will have enough memory for most flights.
On this camera, the Micro SD slot is on the left side.

TIP: Look closely at the slot. The Micro SD card slides in to the top of the metal "shelf". On one of my cameras it can go in below the actual "contact" slot. Be sure to slide it in to the top.

On this camera, the SD card is slid in with the contacts facing up.
You might have to use your fingernail to press it all the way in and "lock" the card in the slot. Don't let the card slip, the spring loaded lock can shoot the tiny card across the room!

4 comments:

  1. It is best to use a newer Class 4 or Class 10 SD card instead of the Class 2 and older cards. The higher class number means the card can store data at a faster rate and will lessen the chance of frame drop and stutter in the video. The class number is found printed on the card as a number surrounded by the letter C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lonnie,
      I checked my cards, they are 8 GB, Class 4 so I should be good to go!

      Delete
  2. Important tip for the 808 Keychain Cam: Whatever you do with it, DON'T keep it on your keychain in your pocket.

    I've had two of them, and both were on my keychain and I used it about once every couple of weeks. And both of them stopped working after a few months. I don't know if it was due to being banged against my keys and phone, or if it was something else, but it was an expensive lesson to learn.

    Keep your Keychain Cam in your range box or desk drawer.

    I really miss mine.

    ReplyDelete