Saturday, August 14, 2021

Estes DARC-1, #7307 Build Part 23, Cleaning Up The Mask Lines


Here's a before and after the rough edge is gently pushed back into the larger black area.
Don't scrape off the paint, you can push the black back without removing the light gray underneath if the black isn't totally dried. The light gray underneath should be totally dry.



Here I'm doing some paint edge pushing with a #11 blade. 









I still needed to do some paint touch-up of the light gray.
I used Ace Hardware Light Gray Premium gloss enamel.
At this point I don't mask and re-spray the entire model.

A Baggie is pushed into a small mixing cup. A pool of paint is sprayed into the cup. When paint is sprayed in a puddle, it takes longer to dry so you'll have enough working time.

TIP: Notice the tape roll on the bottom, sticky side out. The paint cup is pressed down onto my work table. The tape prevents the cup from tipping and spilling the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment