Monday, August 16, 2021

Estes DARC-1, #7307 Build Part 25, Decals & Black Trim



I wasn't sure of the position of two decals.
The only place I could see them going is on the bottom of the fin unit.

I built two of these so one was placed as shown on the right - 

The other with the DARC-1 was placed as shown in the second picture.






I didn't like the upper tube area with the primered tube visible from the bottom.
This would be difficult to mask and wrap now.


It took a little work, but the end result was good.
I used my Contact Paper Blackboard Covering to wrap and cover the tube. The Contact paper has come in very handy over the years. Any self adhesive black vinyl could work. 

Two separate pieces were used. One on the forward tube and a second piece over the shock cord retainer ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment