Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Rocketship Games MMX Hawkeye, Part 4, Dorsal Bar Fill and Nose Cone & BT Smoothing


The dorsal bar is thin and delicate.
I had one side crack and glued it back with CA. 
The original kit didn't have the slot extending to the rear. In the Estes kit the rectangular piece was glued 1/16" forward of the Rudder fin.

I sanded the filler/primer off the top with the piece still taped to the scrap cardboard.





The nose cone is very smooth for a 3D printed piece.

The shoulder was a bit wider than the main body tube. I reduced the side diameter with my sanding block, followed by smooth sanding with 400 grit.
The body and Faux motor tubes had the seams filled with CWF and sanded to surface.

Here I'm ready for a shot of filler/primer. Some Q-tips were folded over to make short painting wands. I used a baggie to cover my hand and keep the paint off.

No comments:

Post a Comment