Saturday, July 23, 2022

Mini Outdoor Hygrometer Thermometer

I do read the directions on spray paint cans.
My goal - To get better spray can glosses in the Summer heat.
Most spray cans say the recommended temperatures should be from 55 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Humidity should be at 60 or below.
Sure I could always check my outside wall Thermometer, but who had a Hygrometer to know the humidity level?

I have one now! (Actually, I have five!)
I found it on Ebay. To see it: CLICK HERE
What I didn't realize is I was sent FIVE units for $12.69! I thought I was buying only one.

It's small. Clips on the side imply it could have been snapped into a dashboard or control panel cutout.

I simply set it on my patio table and can easily read it through the window. The "35" is the Humidity, 107 is the "feels like" temperature on July 15 at 2:30 p.m.

I have mentioned in an earlier post, I didn't realize what time of day had the lowest humidity.
In central Florida, humidity is highest in the morning, lowest in the mid afternoon and highest in the early evening.

So it's a compromise - I could try spraying early in the day when the temps are lower, but the humidity is higher!




I took the batteries out of the extra Hygrometers and all went into small zipper baggies.

So I have four extras.
I also have solid wood guitars and ukuleles.
Those cases now have humidity monitoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment