Saturday, July 16, 2022

Estes Blackhawk #2053 Build, Part 15, Landing Skid & Parachute

Here's the display support.
I didn't have all the dowels that should have been in the kit bag so I used a piece of Bamboo skewer. It is close to 1/8" diameter.

The inset picture shows how it slides into the launch lug for support while on the display shelf.
For whatever reason I sprayed the support before  realizing I left off two dowels. Reinforcement is needed so the cardstock won't bend at that narrow point in the middle.

The old Centuri instructions say to use a toothpick. Two toothpicks were cut to size and the paint was scraped down the line where they were glued on.
More black paint and done!

Over the years the kit tape disks had lost their adhesion. I substituted some plastic Avery tape disks.

The original shroud lines were used on the solid black kit parachute.

No comments:

Post a Comment