Thursday, July 15, 2010

Carded MMX Estes Sky Writer LAUNCH!


That carded rocketry guy Eric Truax beat me to it!

The day after I sent him the PDF on this rocket he had it built and flown twice!
Thankfully, it was stable.
He modified his with a cardstock nose cone and added a little nose weight.
With the heavier dowel nose cone, mine didn't need any more weight in the nose.

After a few other carded rockets flew, the Sky Writer was next in line.
Countdown, ignition and vertical flight!

WOW - this is one of the highest altitude MMX rockets I've flown.
I know - minimum diameter rockets fly the highest.

For a Micro Maxx, I was impressed by the performance. Too bad they only have one second of delay, it was still going up at ejection.
Nose blow ejection and no damage on landing.

Stop by Eric Truax's website for other great carded rockets and a better explanation of the dry-iron technique to make body tubes: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment