Monday, July 12, 2010

Fixing an Estes Smile Part 1




Here's the fin decal I made for my Franken Goblin. Yeah, it's the Estes Goblin kit icon with added Frankenstein stitches and neck bolts.

This rocket is a favorite, made from pieces and parts pulled from the bodies of old "dead" rockets.




I have to keep reminding myself - longer shock cords, longer shock cords.

Here's the result of a strong ejection charge recoil - the "Estes Smile or Estes Dent."

The dent itself was deep on the bottom (left) and shallow at the top.

I took my knife and cut vertical lines in the shallow area for the filler to have something to grab into. Look closely at the picture and you can see the cuts going from the deep crescent dent to the upper right.

I remember seeing a body shop do something like this so the Bondo filler would stay in the shallow areas of a dented fender.

No comments:

Post a Comment