Sunday, October 2, 2022

Estes Space Shuttle Columbia Build #1385, Part 21, Decals

The decals are old!
I had already cut one decal and some name decals off the sheet when I realized I'd better scan them. 
I took a picture with a ruler reference then scanned the sheet just to be safe. 
If they don't transfer easily, I may have to redraw the decals.

In the kit bag, the plastic parachute was resting against the decal sheet. There was no protective sheet over the decals. Small bits of red ink were transferred from the chute and will be removed after placing on the model. 

The kit decals give you five different Shuttle names. You get to pick your choice. The extra decals gave me some soak and transfer "test" decals. I'll be using the Columbia name so I temporarily transferred the Challenger name. The soak time was longer than normal, but slid off the backing sheet without a problem.
On the iffy older decals - 
I didn't want to take chances. The long, narrow body side decal was cut in two and will be transferred in two pieces.






Here's how the long decals were positioned, the right and left sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment