Friday, October 21, 2022

Joel Shepherd's STM-012 Inspiration

From the Estes Model Rockets Facebook page:
Joel Shepherd posted -


"This is an old Estes STM-012 that my daughter picked out of the free pile at our first club launch, about a year ago. I wasn’t crazy about it but then saw some posts by someone who converted theirs to dual deploy. That seems like a good thing to learn about so that’s the plan for this one. The electronics bay, etc., is all ready to go: just need to learn how to do it. Color scheme was inspired by the Terrier Mk70 Improved Malemute sounding rocket."

I like the paint treatment! Gives it a real scale look.

Here's my kitbash of the STM-012, called the B32-M Spike:


This one borrowed some design elements from the Madcow
AGM-33 Pike.
Here's my B32-M Spike build from repairs, the finished model to the start of the build: CLICK HERE

Here's what the original STM-012 looked like:


I originally was going to make a sport-scale Amramm.
But, the Amraam had two sets of four fins, the STM-012 body tube was slotted for two sets of three. 


No comments:

Post a Comment