Thursday, August 11, 2022

New Music Room Floor

Between Blogging and Rocket Builds, 
It took an hour a day over ten days to lay a new floor in my Music Room.
Another house project done! 
I installed the red oak floor 15 years ago (top of first picture) when I had a red/brown chair and mahogany finished digital piano. 

NOW - 
Mid gray floor to match the newer black piano, gray chair and original black and white comic art on the wall. A perfect install? No, but a much better fit and finish compared to the first time around!
Locking the wood slats together isn't hard and sort of fun. Fitting the "T" molding and quarter round baseboard bead is what takes the most time.

5 comments:

  1. Your Music Room looks great. fine job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris,
    Looks like a nice retreat from the world of computers and smart phones. Just curious but what is the significance of the blue ribbon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous,
      The Blue Ribbon is from a Fingerstyle Guitar competition at the Florida Folk Festival.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Rocketguy 53,
      I'm trying to "become" a keyboard player. I played the Accordion since I was nine so my right hand was strong on the piano. After three years my left hand if finally doing what it should. Working on Boogie Woogie, stride and jazz voicings.

      Delete