Monday, August 29, 2022

New Way, Der Squared Max Build, Part 11, More Decals


Save the Skull and Bones wrap around decal for last after you've had some practice with the smaller decals.

The instructions suggest setting the decal around 1/8" below the top lip of the body tube. It's good advice - If the decal is even with the tube end, it can lift and peel back.

The Skull and Cross Bone are on opposite sides of the four sided tube,

You are given three "Mitt Grabben" and three "Nicht Stompen" decals.
I use two of each and mixed the black and white decals.

I don't like to overdo decals. I've seen Goblin builds covered with too many bat decals. It's up to you - just because they are on the sheet doesn't mean you have to use them all.


The "Motorverkens" decal is wide. I only used one of the two supplied decals on the widest flat side of the body tube.
I had forgotten to slide and heat the shrink wrap tube before the motor mount was glued in.
I slid it on before the Kevlar was tied to the elastic shock cord. With the tube slid all the way down onto the centering ring, I added a small drop of white glue to keep it down in position. Maybe the ejection charge with shrink the tube down to the Kevlar diameter!

The elastic was tied onto the Kevlar and tied to the screw eye. Note there is a washer weight under the screw eye.
I prefer to tie the parachute snap swivel a few inches down from the base of the nose cone. This prevents the nose cone from swinging in and out of the shroud lines causing too many tangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment