Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Estes Super Orbital Transport Build, Kit #7314, Part 14, Gluing On The Glider Wing


Mentioned earlier - the glider marking guide was too large. This was a pre-production kit, I'm sure corrections were made.

I made another one out of some copy paper. It's simple, the tube is marked twice on opposite sides of the tube.


I had already filled and primed the balsa pieces.

Some 320 grit was wrapped around a Q-tip and the center gluing area had the primer sanded down to the CWF - no lower. Just remove the gray primer.
This is all the glue I used to adhere the wing to the tube. I didn't want glue to be pushed out and seen on the finished model. 
TIP: Don't attempt to apply fillets into the tight wing/tube joint. You'll end up with bubbles and too many glue applications trying to get rid of them.



Earlier I had extended the pencil line inside the tube for alignment with the wing joint.








The tip of the wing seam aligns with the pencil line running down the tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment