Saturday, August 27, 2022

New Way, Der Squared Max Build, Part 9, Decals



I used the NewWay logo decal for a test. 
I can get a soak time and see how easily the decals slide off the backing.

The instructions say the soak time is 15 to 20 seconds.
I found these needed 30 seconds of a water soak, then 30 seconds out of the water sitting on a paper towel before it slid easily off the backing.

Here it is on the model . . . temporarily.



Here's a Red Max I found after a quick search.
Note the angle of cross decal on the fin. Many builder's apply this decal parallel with the leading edge of the fin.

I prefer the original decal position - parallel with the leading edge. 
See the picture below.
Here's the original Citation kit showing the decal positions: CLICK HERE 






How I set the cross decal - The vertical bar is in line with the root edge of the fin.

Many builders also set the Goblin decals at an angle - It's up to you.

1 comment: