Wednesday, August 31, 2022

My Der Red Max Family - Model Profile


Here's my current Der Red Max family.
1. On the left is the "normal" BT-60 based Red Max. This one goes back to when I reentered the hobby in 2006. Originally I had a wrong nose cone and it was painted orange and black. Orange was the suggested color in the old Citation kit instructions.
2. In the middle is the tiny BT-5 tube carded version. 
If you are a current Patreon subscriber, the PDF is available! 
Email me at: oddlrockets@bellsouth.net and ask for the "Downscale Red Max". 
This is a carded, home print model. The red color prints up a little lighter than a spray painted model.
3. On the right is the newest member - The NewWay Der Squared Max.


There was a few others - 
This Pink Max - Hello Kitty version was built using an Estes Mini Max kit with some custom decals from Excelsior.
A standard, full size Pink Max was also built. 
Both were sold on Ebay to a collector.

I haven't built the 3" or the 4" Estes BIG Red Max kits. 
I really don't care to - I don't have the room to store,
or the field to launch larger Mid and High Power rockets!

No comments:

Post a Comment