Thursday, June 3, 2021

FlisKits Space Raider Build, Part 7, Base Shroud




This shows the Base Shroud from the Jim Flis PDF.







It was probably an error on my part, I couldn't get the base shroud to fit properly. I thought maybe the if the fin slots were longer it could slide it higher into the shroud body.

I extended the length of the fin slots but still couldn't get the shroud to comfortably fit.


My redraw was four separate pieces.

I'm offering the redrawn base shroud and slightly longer nose cone (to Patreon supporters) as additional fits to the original shroud templates. They might come in handy if your build fit is a little off.





Here's one of the pieces with the tabs folded up ready to be glued on.

4 comments:

  1. When I'd looked, the page to which you'd posted link no longer had the files available. Was able to locate another set somewhere else. On the copy I found, the base shroud part had remark on it that read "Eliminated from final design".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naoto,
      "Eliminated from final design" - that's interesting.
      I found the Space Raider PDFs are still available from the NAR Facebook page.

      Delete
    2. Here's where I found a copy of the files in question:
      https://www.soarrocketry.org/new-flis-odd-roc/

      Delete
    3. Thanks Naoto -
      I'll provide the link on the "Finished" build post.

      Delete