Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Estes Indicator #7244 Build, Part 10, Black Fin & Shock Cord Tie

Here's the mask for the lower black fin. An upper fin also got black paint
As shown before, I use Scotch tape for masking. I mark the clear tape  with a wide Sharpie pen before cutting the strip.

The Sharpie ink can transfer to your fingers and onto the model. Instead of smoothing down and sealing the tape edge with a fingernail, I use a Q-tip. You can see a bit of black ink left on the Q-tip.




Here's the low black fin after shooting with paint.








I usually leave a short tail on the shock cord tie.
This tail is tucked into the open slot below tie down loop. This keeps the loose end of the cord from getting stuck between the adapter shoulder and body tube.





The rocket looks good before the decals were added. 
I could have left it like this . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment