Monday, June 14, 2021

Estes Indicator #7244 Build, Part 1, Parts


I don't know where I picked this one up - it may have been in an Estes Clearance Sale.
This is a good looking model. The design implies it is two stager and some builders have posted that they will make a conversion.

I'll keep it simple and build as it is, with a few minor changes.

This one feels like a throwback to the 1970s designs. 
BT-50 to a BT-20 with 1/16" this balsa fins. These fin shapes are more contemporary.
Mini engine powered. The Face Card says it will get to 200', I would think it would go bit higher.



Parts of interest:
A 9" preassembled parachute.
Large decal sheet. Note: To use the supplied decals, the face card model (almost) shows two black fins and one red fin. I found out I got the paint wrong when the decals were applied.
The 20/50 plastic adapter.
Two short 1/8" launch lugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment