Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Estes Indicator #7244 Build, Part 9, Red Fins

Well, I messed up! 
I should have paid closer attention to the face card coloring. It's not immediately apparent, but there are two black fins and one red fin. I got those reversed. You've really got to look close to find that second black fin. Not a big deal, but that won't work with the supplied decals! I didn't notice until I went to apply the decals.
   


The rounded leading edges of the fins needed a little push with a knife blade to make the curve smoother.










It looks pretty good - so far!





Most of the straight root edge masks were good -

This one was a bit rough. Oh well!








The low end of the upper fins root edges look okay.
As I mentioned earlier, there is little chance of the low end making contact on landing or breaking off.

No comments:

Post a Comment