Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Ace Spray Paint Update

I've been getting great results with the Ace Hardware Premium Enamel spray paint.
I go through a lot of Gloss White paint. I did have one episode where the Gloss White shot out like a rough cottage cheese - but - 
It wasn't anywhere near as thick and rough as the Rustoleum Gloss White cottage cheese.
It was easily sanded smooth. 

The thicker Rusto pigment might be what causes the rough cottage cheese spray. 
The Ace Spray Paint is not as thick or opaque as the Rusto 2x. 
The Ace paint does require more spray passes to cover undercoat colors. 
   




If you come across a Ace nozzle that gets clogged up, you can switch out nozzles from another can by simply pulling off the white nozzle. Another nozzle is easily pressed in place.


The picture on the left shows the paint buildup on a Ace nozzle after quite a few spray passes.

You can easily knock off the dried paint with a fingernail and spray again.

4 comments:

  1. That is one of the best nozzle designs. It sprays in an elliptical "fan" and can be turned sideways, if needed. I don't know who invented it but I first saw it on NAPA's Martin Seynour spray paints in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. …and now it’s gone. I want to know where it went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim,
      Yep, they've changed the spray nozzle. I emailed ACE and let them know my disappointment.
      The paint is still good, but seems thinner and more likely to run.

      Delete
    2. I emailed ACE with my disappointment too. They apologized…
      If you find out which brand of paint now has that nozzle, please share here.

      Delete