Thursday, January 6, 2022

Estes Skylab #001973, Build, Part 23, The Lowest Section Outline



I've mentioned this before - 
Wrap the body with paper to keep oily fingerprints off the white paint.

You'll be handling this model A LOT!
My first Saturn V build needed a re-paint of some white areas. 





On these ink borders - 
I usually do a pencil line to check the the centers and vertical alignment. Note the pencil line on the left isn't quite centered on the fairing overhang.

I make adjustments before using the fine point Sharpie.





Drawing the line down the center between the fairings is hard. There are raised details that might lead your pen tip off course.







I don't know what to make of the 5 1/2" height of the vertical black rectangles. To the bottom edge of the 2nd wrap, my measurement ended up at 5 3/16". Oh well, who'll notice the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment