Sunday, January 23, 2022

Quest/Enerjet Quad Runner Build #Q5016, Part 7, White Paint & A Paper Mask

I couldn't use one of my smaller painting "wands" - This is a larger diameter model.

I rolled up some corrugated cardboard and friction fit the handle into the top end of the 2" diameter tube.

The body was painted an overall gloss white.


I've said before how I try to look ahead and hopefully avoid some problems later on.

I measured out the center line of the arc on the paper masking guide.
The masking guide was set on top of the sticker sheet over a bright light. It didn't look like the sticker ends were going to be long enough to meet (and slightly overlap) at the top of the arc.

Check out the fourth picture below -







I wasn't convinced that a sheet of paper would block red paint from bleeding through.

TIP: I shot the paper with a good coat of clear acrylic to seal the surface.




Here I've cut a the sheet down the center and overlapped the two pieces by about 3/32". The overlap was taped over.

No comments:

Post a Comment