Monday, November 28, 2022

Estes Blue Origin New Shepard Build, Background

Late last May, I received two of the Blue Origin kits to build for Estes.
As the kit was going to be on sale in June, I started work on them right away.
Two weeks passed, the fins and tunnels were all in place. A few white coats were sprayed.
The kits were recalled! 

It seems there was a stability problem, probably with the heavier C6-5 motors.
Estes has released a updated kit. I haven't seen it yet, but I assume the fins are slightly larger and nose weight has been added.

So - the builds were put on hold - until I read where the kits are available again. I restarted, working on paint and final decals.
 





A postcard was included where you could 
"Draw, write or create your idea on how rockets will change humanity."

The postcards were to be flown in space and returned to the sender.

No comments:

Post a Comment