Thursday, November 10, 2022

Estes Odyssey #7235 Build, Part 17, Slightly Shortening the Inside Rear Engine - Fix


I double checked the instruction sheet measurements, I thought I may have got them wrong.
My centering ring gluing locations were correct. The inside tube will have to be shortened.

I cut a short length of BT-5 diameter coupler I found in the spare parts drawer. The edges were rounded for an easier slide into the BT-5 tube.

A wrap of tape was applied for a straight cut line.
The tube was cut near the center.



A small sliver was cut and and the engine assembly was slid in to check the length.

I cut three harrow slit segments until the vane tips were even with the front of the angled tube. 
The coupler was glued into the lower launch lug side at the halfway point. I didn't glue the front on yet. This will allow a turn adjustment to center the forward vane position when it is glued in later.


And, a dry fit.
At the rear, the lug ends are even and the forward vane tips are just inside the edge of the tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment