Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Estes Odyssey #7235 Build, Part 22, Fitting The TTW Wings


I had already sanded a wedge shape to the root edges of the large wings.
When this was slid through the fin slots, the outside root edges were a little above the ring tube.

This required me to shorten the root edge wedge and bring down the outside edges to contact the tube.





The root edge contact points will have to be masked so the wood glue will soak in and adhere.

I slid out the wing and rudder pieces slightly and traced a pencil line down the root edge for a masking guide. 



Thin strips of masking tape were centered down the pencil lines. These masking strips were about 3/32" wide.
The right side picture shows the wing after spraying with gloss white. The tape strips have been pulled. 

I sprayed these pieces now so there will be white coverage on the inside after the model is glued together. It would be very difficult to get spray paint on the tight inside areas.



There is a paint ridge down the mask lines.

I lightly sanded the lines to knock them down. If I didn't, the mask ridges might show up on the finished model.

No comments:

Post a Comment