Monday, February 6, 2023

Centuri Quasar Clone Build, Kit #KC-7, Part 3, Nose Cone Length?

There is some online information about the kit. Tim Morley's upscale build on YORF helped me figure out things with a picture of the original kit nose cone.

I wasn't sure about the length using the online information on the nose cone. Was the 5.5" the total length of the nose cone including the shoulder or 5.5" the exposed length?
Tim posted a picture of the kit nose cone and his upscale cone next to it.

My clone body tube will be a BT-60 at 1.637" diameter. 
Tim's picture was dropped into Corel Draw and the tube end enlarged to the BT-60 diameter.
This stretched out the nose cone length to 5.65" a little longer than the 5.5" length listed at Jim Z's.

The only 60 size, 5.5" long nose cone I could find was the Rocketarium BT-60 HIPS Nose Cone. I didn't want to do any ordering on this build.
Or, maybe I can extend the length of a plastic nose cone I already have - 
The next post shows a technique I've never used before.
 

4 comments:

  1. Will you be trying to replicate the original's canopy on this nose cone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your BT60 diameter has a transposed number in it.

    ReplyDelete