Thursday, February 9, 2023

Centuri Quasar Clone Build, Kit #KC-7, Part 6, Making The Fin Pod Jet Nozzles






The rear nozzles need a tapered piece and smaller tube nozzle.
Three tapered pieces were made from old MPC Mini Jet nose cones from their old part accessories kit.

The shoulder was tight in the BT-5 tube and was sanded to fit.



A reference circle was drawn in pencil and the taper sanded in with a block.

The nozzle was cut from a Bic pen "Stick" pen. 




Here's the rear nozzle!
I could have purchased the resin cast pieces from Sirius Rocketry, but I vowed to make this a spare parts build. 
My clones are usually close, but not an exact replica.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you can find a good use for the rest of those nose cones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neil,
      There wasn't anything I could do with what was left. I threw the "points" away.

      Delete
  2. I decided I wanted to go ahead and do this build when you first posted. Ordered my parts last week and they came today so I'me pretty excited. I did spring for the Rocketerium nose cone and resin nozzles tho.

    ReplyDelete