Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Les' Rockets on TRF


On TRF, Les posted pictures of his rocketry collection after his 25 year BAR anniversary.
 And I thought I had a lot of finished builds . . . 

"A quarter of a Century..... 25 Years! Wow!!
In 1998 I became a BAR. Two of my kids, in different activities, got to build a rocket. I recalled my fun from the 60's and got more kits for them to build, plus a few for me. Unfortunately, they both lost interest but I continued.
I became one of those "crazy folks" who went overboard. My spreadsheet shows I have 781 rockets/kits. These are from over 60 different manufacturers. Many of which are no longer in business. And several rockets are scratch/bash builds.

My wife knows I have many, but not how many rockets. Fortunately, she is on a trip with her sister so she wasn't around when I did a family portrait.
It took me two days to haul everything out, set up, take the pictures, bring back in, and re-shelve (that took the longest)"



Of course I looked for some Odd'l Rockets.
Can you find the F-18 Starfighter?






Enlarge the picture and look close for the very appropriate placement of the Odd'l Pigasus.

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully the shelves were dusted before they were all put back. But hopefully not enough to raise suspicion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Gemini-Titan kit is that on the left?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tomas,
      Judging by the size, it might be an OOP Estes kit or the Boyce Aerospace kit: https://boyceaerospacehobbies.com/products/gemini-titan-builders-kit-1-46th-scale

      Delete