Tuesday, May 16, 2023

MPC Lambda Payloader Build, Part 6, Payload Compartment

Aw crud! I skipped Post #6. 
I'm usually posting after Midnight so I might have been tired. So here's the post that should have been. I'll put it in the correct order after the build is complete.
   
The nose cone and adapter have end caps with tie down lugs. 
You need one on the low end of the adapter but not on the nose cone. I will use the end cap on the nose cone, explained below.

The fit of these caps is very tight. That's a good thing, the shoulder length is short.

I sanded down the ends for a flatter and better glue joint.


I tied a cotton shroud line from the nose cone base, through the clear tube and adapter. The low end was tied to the adapter cap tie loop.

We've all lost nose cones off a payload section when the ejection charge goes off. 
The string will retain the nose cone and prevent it from flying off.

Leave some slack on the string so you can pull off the nose cone to access the payload. 

 



The low end of the adapter is loose in the body tube.
There isn't much length on the shoulder for a proper tape wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment