Friday, May 26, 2023

Odd'l Rockets F-18 Hornet, Blue Angels Build, Part, 2, Wing Tip Detail







There aren't any missiles on the Blue Angels F-18. Instead there are some wing tip details.




 




Here's a closeup from an online picture.

I assume this is some sort of antenna.
I'll have to make two of these.





At the top is the outline of the kit wing. 
The picture was enlarged to the same size. This gave me a close approximation of the length and diameter of the detail piece.

(The diameter should read .116")

4 comments:

  1. If I'm not mistaken, those are missile launch rails on the wingtips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct - the rails are easier to leave on than remove, even the “demilitarized” F18s in civilian use still have the rails.

      Delete
  2. This is a great project, thanks for showing us how to do this. I'm sure this will bring some more F-18 paint schemes out of your rocket. I hope so anyway.

    ReplyDelete