Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Odd'l Rockets F-18 Hornet, Blue Angels Build, Part 7, Decals




Here's the decal sheet, looking yellow/orange.
While the decals were on the backing sheet they were darker than the initial yellow I had sprayed.
I found out they looked more yellow when they were transferred. Aaaagh!

Look close on the sheet - there are a few very thin tapering lines that have to be pieced together on the model.



The U.S. NAVY decals only go on the bottom of the wing. I felt safe trying these first as there were extras.

These two transferred without any trouble.
Now the problems start!

The decals were very thin and prone to breaking up.
I pieced them together as best I could. Very frustrating and I almost threw in the towel.

These will require some lightly applied clear Future floor finish to insure adhesion.

No comments:

Post a Comment