Wednesday, February 23, 2022

ASP Ram B Build, Part 5, Shaping The Nose Cone

The kit supplied nose cone is conical. To fit the scale profile, it has to be rounded off.
You aren't given a final length of the nose cone, so start small and check the look. If needed, sand more.

There's some CWF filler on the lower end of the cone. I was trying to sharpen up the shoulder edge then thought: 
"I'd better round off the top before filling the rest of the nose cone!"



The top was sanded off.
The sides were knocked down by turning against my sanding block.
Then smoothing with 400 grit rounding it off.




I ended up taking more off the top and re-rounding it.










This reminds me of the nose cone from the old Estes 260 Space Booster. It was made from a TA-550 balsa adapter. A creative way to make a nose cone from another part.

No comments:

Post a Comment