Wednesday, February 23, 2022

ASP Ram B Build, Part 6, Engine Mount & Fin Root Edge Mask



I'm sending out Thursdays post a day early - I'm camping and their Internet doesn't work! Tomorrow I go to the Cape - Haven't been there in probably 15 years.



I checked the length of of the Kevlar line against the BT-50 and tied the loop below the top end of the body tube. I could have made it a little longer.
OOPS! I glued in the engine mount without checking the instructions. I thought I had read it to go 1/4" over the end of the body tube. I read the instructions later and saw the red tube should have been even with the end of the body tube. Fingers crossed, it should be stable. 
The four lower fins overhang the end of the body tube by 1/4". That's probably the measurement I saw when gluing in the engine mount.

The lower tick mark on the lower fin is at 1/4" to overhang the end of the tube.

The marks on the body are slightly inside the gluing area for the fins.





3/32" wide strips of masking tape are set on the fin lines to keep the filler primer off the tube for a stronger glue bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment