Thursday, February 10, 2022

Quest/Enerjet Minotaur Q5015 Build, Part 6, Nozzle Fix

GOTCHA: I had a heck of a time trying to get the centering ring evenly into the body tube. There was too little of an edge to get it even with the tube end.

A simple fix was to use a engine block as a slide in coupler.
Glue short engine blocks centered on the flat ring.


I was concerned about the extra weight of six engine blocks so I peeled out a few layers from the inside of the engine block to lighten  it.

On the right is the block before - on the left is after peeling out a few layers.



The flat ring should fit inside the SRB tube edge.

This required some sanding.
I also rolled over the inside edge of the tube for an easier slip fit. 



After applying a ring of glue on the inside of the tube - 

I used the flat edge of my sanding block to press the ring even with the end of the body tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment