Thursday, March 17, 2022

Estes Delta Wedge Clone #1931 Build, Part 9, Paint & Decals



NO masking!
The entire model was spray painted with Rustoleum 2X, Metallic Aluminum. 

These days I don't like using Rusto 2X, but have had good results with their metallic paints.







These long leading edge decals were tough to apply.
I set the decal in place (dry, before soaking) to get an idea of the spacing from the leading edge.


These decals didn't go well!
The long leading edge decals curled onto themselves.

The forward body tube wrap red color cracked.
It was also too long and the overlap didn't match up. 
I tried cutting the wrap decal shorter but took off too much!

I went back and copied a few of the leading edge decals to have some extras.
To get the right size, I made three different wraps, each one a little different width. All three were tried - #2 will end up on the final decal sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment