Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Estes Space Ship One, Kit # 2191, Build Part 9, Lug Gluing & More Grain Filling

I had to glue on the launch lug under the wing root edge. Problem was, I had already got paint in the glue area.

I set the lug in place. I let out the pencil lead for easier tracing along the lug. With the top of the lug even with the leading edge of the wing, the back of the lug overhangs the body tube, tail cone joint.

I was left with a pencil line at the top and bottom.





I scraped away some of the paint below and inside the lines.

Here's the lug in place after more gloss white was shot.

Look close at the bright reflection area and you can still see balsa grain! I rubbed in a thin coat of CWF with a fingertip and sanded smooth after it dried.

More white paint, sanding and more white paint to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment