Monday, March 28, 2022

Estes Space Ship One, Kit # 2191, Build Part 8, More Filling & Water Slide Decals

Mentioned in the last post - 
More filling is required on the two front fin tabs.
I had already filled the two back tabs.

The upper picture shows the CWF directed right on top of the tabs. I'm not trying to fill the entire fin side surface, just the tabs.
The lower picture is after the CWF was sanded to surface. Note the masking tape. I had to reshoot filler/primer on the outside surfaces by the tabs.


The idea of stickers was a disappointment. I'm spending too much time on the assembly to use thick stickers on the finished surfaces.

Notice the die-cuts around the circle nose stickers. There is no way these would lay down and conform to the curves of the nose cone. The art on the stickers is good, but not a good finish for this model.
I re-drew the stickers and will print new water decals.

If you are a Patreon supporter, I can send you the PDF to home print your own decals.
Email me at oddlrockets@bellsouth.net and ask for the Estes Space Ship One decal PDF.

This is not an exact copy of the original kit sticker sheet. Some of the older style sponsor logos were not available online. Those 7-up and M&Ms logos shown here have been omitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment